On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 01:33:15PM +0100, tony sarendal wrote:
> > > The second problem is, that I want to announce an external full-feed,
> > > received with openbgpd, to my core-router. This works fine, but the
> > > next-hop is the ip-adress of my external bgp-neighbor. But it should
> > > be the ip-address of the border-router.
> >
> > of course! you should have an IBGP that makes your other routes have a
> > route to that... like OpenOSPFD :)
>

> or rewrite nexthop so you can run without an IGP.

... and call for a lot of trouble when your network is growing.
IMO this is a bad advice. 90% of all "set nexthop" usages are a hack
around a network design error. No matter if it is on OpenBSD, cisco or
whatever.

> When I tested openbgp I did that with the filter and set, although
> next-hop-self
> would have been nice.

BTW: setting up an IGP for your network is not that complex. Just have a
look at ospfd(8) :)

--
:wq Claudio