Hi,

I understand the whole issue with snapshots being held up for the release cycle. I have followed the mail list and archives, and still have not figured out the answer...

If I want to install OpenBSD 3.9-stable (or the release ..), what is the easiest way to do that?

There is no 3.9 directory in the directory structure pub/OpenBSD.

I see there are snapshots available dated April 2, 2006, but I know installing that will give me 3.9-current.

I can CVS checkout the 3.9-stable tag...(or it appears I can)....

I am building sparc64 on a Sunfire 150. OpenBSD 3.8 installed like a dream, but I'd like to try to get 3.9 on it to see if the new sensor work will work on it.

This will be going into production, so I'd kind of like to have as close as possible to the proper install.

I was wondering about doing a cvs update of 3.9-stable, make, make release, then boot the 3.9-current iso and install from my self compiled "release".

Given there was a thread about "stupid users", feel free to call me one :-P

I have installed OpenBSD many times, just never this close to a release, and I can't wait for May 1 to get the 3.9 CD's. I know I could go to 3.9-current, but I have never done that on a production system, always followed the -stable branch.

Thanks, for any assistance.

Cheers,