Hi!

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:35:32AM +1000, Andrew Dalgleish wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 08:56:39PM +0100, Jon Kent wrote:
>> Can see your point here, but I prefer to play on the paranoid side of
>> fence hence my dislike of this.  I'm not sure it should be there by
>> default, rather if you like it you should add it.

>Inexperienced users might add it to the beginning of PATH,
>so having it at the end by default is a reasonable compromise.

For that it'd be enough to have a line with dot at the end of the
path in there, commented out, perhaps with a line like
#If you really want the current directory in your path, you should
#at least add it at the end, like this:
#PATH=foo:bar:.
      ^^^^^^^ Here copy the path you set by default, w/o .

>Anyone with enough experience to know why they want it removed
>also has enough experience to remove it themselves.

"Secure by Default".

>Regards,
>Andrew Dalgleish

Kind regards,