Marco Peereboom wrote:
No it does not.  It specifies very clearly which ones are supported.

I bet you are looking at the FAQ as-of 3.9.

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 08:17:44AM -0700, Smith wrote:
David Hill wrote:
On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 01:44:22AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2006/04/04 20:21, David Hill wrote:
Are you using floppyB, which supports RAID controllers?
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#MkInsMedia
OpenBSD 3.8 (RAMDISK_CD) #794: Sat Sep 10 15:58:32 MDT 2005
So does the CD - the controller would appear as an unsupported
device if this was the case anyway, and it's not listed at all.

Unsupported bridge somewhere perhaps? Try a snapshot...

Ahh, true.  I didn't look close enough.

I used the cd38.iso which the FAQ says has all the drivers.

At http://www.openbsd.org/faq/index.html it says:

This FAQ is supplemental documentation to the man pages, available both in the installed system and online <http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi>. The FAQ covers the active release of OpenBSD, currently v3.8.

Section 4.3 on http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#MkInsMedia says:

*cd38.iso* .... This image has the widest selection of drivers, and is usually the recommended choice if your hardware can boot from a CDROM.

So I don't see how I'm mistaken. If I am, enlighten me. I'm not afraid to be corrected.

After further troubleshooting, this is what I found. On rare occasions the install CD will find it as sd0, especially after I hit ^T after the very first prompt in the installation. But after completing the install, I get a debug message and it will not complete the full boot process. I also tried the cd39.iso (snapshot) cd and it was no go too. I called the vendor who created the server and they suggested that I move the LSI card from the pci-express slot to the regular pci slot. Everything worked at that point. But now I'm having problems with OpenBSD detecting one of the two nic cards (em1). But the thing is, there were times when it did detect it. But now when I play with the bios, dmesg says that it can't allocated mem to em1. I strongly suspect I have a bad motherboard.