Hi, On Sat, Apr 01, 2023 at 03:14:19PM +0200, Rémi Bougard wrote: > [...] > zzz : > The laptop goes successfully into suspend mode but when I wake it up it turns > itself off after 2/3 seconds. > > Crashes : > Strangely it crashes systematically when I switch the chromium window to full > screen (with cwm). > > (dmesg and sensors outputs attached) > [...]
A very late follow-up to my 2023 report, in case it may help someone with the same 2022 LG Gram 14 model. I am now running a fresh OpenBSD 8.0-current on the same machine and the suspend problem is still present. Today, I had some time and felt like digging a little deeper into the subject again. $ dmesg |grep bios bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 3.4 @ 0x5f359000 (63 entries) bios0: vendor Phoenix Technologies Ltd. version "A1ZG0420 X64" date 12/06/2022 bios0: LG Electronics 14Z90Q-G.AA58F efi0 at bios0: UEFI 2.7 acpi0 at bios0: ACPI 6.3 Hibernate works. Suspend still doesn't works properly. The machine enters suspend correctly but on wakeup the display comes back, and after roughly one or two seconds the machine performs a brutal hard reboot. No kernel panic or crash dump. $ dmesg |grep sleep acpi0: sleep states S0ix S3 S4 S5 After some new tries I then discover (finally): # sysctl machdep.lidaction=-1 which makes OpenBSD prefer S0 over S3. With this setting, suspend/resume works flawlessly. Quite simply. So on this LG Gram model the S3 suspend seems to be broken while S0ix works correctly. Since I didn't want the machine to go into sleep mode when I close the lid, I disabled S3 mode directly in the BIOS : F2 at boot Once inside the bios Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F7 to activate advanced options ACPI Settings -> ACPI S3 Support -> disabled After reboot : $ dmesg |grep sleep acpi0: sleep states S0ix S4 S5 zzz then uses S0ix and suspend/resume works without problem, while machdep.lidaction can remain at 0 so closing the lid does not suspend the machine. One minor issue remains : my USB Ethernet interface (ure0, configured with inet autoconf) comes back without problem after resume but DHCP is not automatically renewed. I solved this with a small tweak in /etc/apm/resume: #!/bin/sh sleep 3 /usr/sbin/dhcpleasectl ure0 So today my life with this nice little laptop has become a bit better. Great! Regards, -- Rémi

