Hello,

It has been challenging to find *basic* examples and explanations of how to go about using the new veb with vport and vlans and the pvlans. Much of the internet documentation is older and incomplete. The discussion about changes in the new veb in the Openbsd Journal is over my head, as is the man page, which lacks examples. The OpenBSD FAQ on Networking was very helpful for getting my router to work properly. Once I really understood what it said (with help from this list), I was able to get things going. There is no similar FAQ regarding the 3 v's, as such. Does one even need veb if you have vports and vlans? What is tap? Do you still need vlans for separating the network with the new veb?

I would be more than happy to do a write-up, but clearly need some direction to better understand the subject and usage first. Thank you for any pointers. I cannot program, but I can make time to provide further documentation.
Thanks, Aric

Reply via email to