J Doe wrote on 29.09.2026 23:45:
Hello list,

I noticed the news about OpenBSD 8.0 moving from beta[1].

I have an OpenBSD VM that follows snapshots.  My current upgrade routine is:

# fw_update -vv

# sysupgrade -s

# sysmerge

# pkg_add -uvi

... however, I note in the web article the advice to use: pkg_add -D snap.

This prompts me for a package to upgrade, but I would like to update all of my packages.

Is: pkg_add -u sufficient for that, or do I need to combine this in: pkg_add -uvi -D snap ?

I always user '-Dsnap' with pkg_add on the VM that follows snapshots, that worked well for me. And it does of course update all packages. Maybe only one package needs updating at this time, for you.

You also want to add 'pkg_delete -a' at the end, to remove unused dependencies.


Thanks,

- J


Links:

[1]  https://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article;sid=20260927120854


Reply via email to