Hello there.

I have been running a public OpenBSD installation that offers various services.
the installation has a quota on its upload/download and i'd like to know what
services (ports) have used the quota.

I have looked into ifstat, vnstat and bwm-ng and all of them appear to be
able to only monitor per interface, not per port (at least on openbsd).

You may make a virtual interface for each of the services, but apperently
vnstat and other programs are not able to get information of loop-backed
network I/O (i.e: when source and destination are on the same machine)

Another solution is to capture a pcap on the interfaces with bpflogd
and do the processing afterwards, but this needs a fair amount to storage
to save the pcap (even if we only save until tcp headers) and processing power
to generate a report from.

If you know of a program that solves the stated problem please let me know.
thanks a lot.
-- 
chara <[email protected]>

Reply via email to