hello,

On 2026-10-03  6:05, Sylvain Saboua wrote:
> On 2026-10-03 05:19, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
> > hello,
> > 
> > > My machine is a headless server and has a PS/2 port in case it needs
> > > maintenance, so I suppose I can go with it. Does simply echoing
> > > those two
> > > lines in /bsd.re-config mean that the UPS should work (after
> > > rebooting)
> > > and I have nothing else to do ? In other words this is a file that
> > > is read
> > > by the system ?
> > 
> Oh ! Yes it is, see bsd.re-config(1)
> 
> > That was all I did on my system which controls my UPS. You'll have to
> > configure apcupsd of course, but I think all that is required is setting
> > the UPSCABLE and UPSTYPE both to 'usb' for it to work.
> > 
> Strangely, as I rebooted my server and connected back to it via SSH
> to confirm it's running, the same message as before was displayed:
> 
> srv$ su -
> Password:
> 
> Broadcast Message from [email protected]
>         ((not a tty)) at 6:01 ...
> 
> Communications with UPS lost.
> 
> srv# cat /bsd.re-config
> disable uhidev
> disable upd
> 
> May I ask what is the exact model of the UPS you use ?
> I doubt that the problem would come from bas configuartion,
> but I'll need to double-check apcupsd.conf it seems.

Like Stuart pointed out in the other reply, the file needs to be
/etc/bsd.re-config and you need to reboot, this is very likely
the issue. I've used this with various APC UPSs. Currently I
have a Smart-UPS 2200 and a Back-UPS Pro.

.jh

Reply via email to