I am on OpenBSD 7.9 on a ThinkPad T490. The internal microphone records only 
silence. I sent a bug report with sendbug, and a developer answered that it 
probably needs digital signal processor firmware that OpenBSD does not support. 
So I bought a small USB microphone to use instead. I need it for work video and 
audio calls in Firefox.This is what I have tried so far:- kern.audio.record=1 
and kern.video.record=1 are set, and both are in /etc/sysctl.conf.- dmesg shows 
the USB microphone as a second audio device (snd/1) with 0 play channels, so it 
can only record.- aucat -f snd/1 -o test.wav records fine and the playback has 
sound, so the microphone and sndiod work.- Starting Firefox with 
AUDIORECDEVICE=snd/1 firefox still gave silence.- With sndiod flags set to -f 
rsnd/0 -f rsnd/1, Firefox still did not record from the USB microphone.- With 
sndiod flags set to -f rsnd/0 -F rsnd/1 and sndiod restarted, Firefox does 
record from the USB microphoneThe problem now is that in a call the other 
person hears me, but I hear nothing from them. As far as I can tell, Firefox 
sends sound in and out through the same sndio device, and the USB microphone 
has no sound output, so the speakers stay silent.Is there a way to make Firefox 
record from the USB microphone and play sound through the laptop speakers at 
the same time? For example through a sndiod setup or a Firefox setting. If it 
cannot be done, I would like to know that too, so I stop trying.
Best regardsĀ 
















Reply via email to