This posting is admittedly off-topic, but so many other postings to
these mailing lists are also, that I have very little guilt about
posting this one.  Someone wrote:

>>>
>>> looking for a PDP-11
>>>

and then later revised his statement:

>>
>> I'm not really looking for a PDP-11, although it would
>> be very nice to see a real one some time.
>>

The only reason why I want a PDP-11 (or a PDP-10) is to run my
favorite programming language, PPL.  It was only implemented on the
PDP-11 family of computers and on the PDP-10 family of computers.  If
I could run PPL on a computer that I currently own, I would die happy.

In 1978 (and, I think, in the end of 1977), my telephone number was
212/PDP1170.  I had to pay New York Telephone extra for it, but I was
happy to do it.

        Jay F. Shachter
        6424 North Whipple Street
        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                +1 773 7613784   landline
                +1 410 9964737   GoogleVoice
                http://m5.chicago.il.us
                [email protected]

        "But when she traced the killer's IP address ... it was in the 
192.168/16 block!"

Reply via email to