Gabriel George POPA wrote:

Some e-mails I receive have autolearn=no and others have autolearn=failed. I use the classic combination of spamd/spamc and the OpenBSD 3.8 provided p5-SpamAssassin package, installed as OpenBSD recommends. I tried to follow the instructions at spamassassin.apache.org (to use for example /var/spamassassin (0777 mode) in order to store learnt data, bayes_path and bayes_file_mode, restarted spamd etc., nothing worked). What should I do next? I must create all those files by hand (the files in /var/spamassassin). I must mention that when I was using spamassassin alone (not spamc/spamd) for my account autolearn worked correctly.

I've created a spamassassin user and group. The user's home directory is /var/spamassassin. Amongst other settings the following paths are set in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:

bayes_path /var/spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0770
auto_whitelist_path /var/spamassassin/auto-whitelist
auto_whitelist_file_mode 0770

spamd is started with the following command line arguments:

/usr/local/bin/spamd -d -u spamassassin -H /var/spamassassin -r /var/spamassassin/spamd.pid

How do you start spamd?