On Friday 14 April 2006 10:56, Joco Salvatti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I run 'disklabel wd0', it returns:
>
> # /dev/rwd0c:
>
> My question is: why /dev/rwd0c instead of /dev/wd0c?
>
> Thanks..
>

>From `man disklabel`:
     disk    Specify the disk to operate on.  It can be specified either by
             its full pathname or an abbreviated disk form.  In its abbreviat-
             ed form, the path to the device, the `r' denoting "raw device",
             and the slice, can all be omitted.  For example, the first IDE
             disk can be specified as either /dev/rwd0c, /dev/wd0c, or wd0.

Tim Donahue