--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello evrybody.
>
> I installed box booting from PXE and then with lastest snapshot.
> After that I used:
>
> # export [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs
> # cd /usr; cvs checkout -P -rOPENBSD_3_9 src
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is stable, not current.  You upgrade a snapshot with current; you don't
go backwards to stable.  The FAQ link I give belows shows the progression; it's
in 5.3.2.  5.3.3 goes into a lot more depth, but below is a simple update of
the source tree.  This does not update X or ports though.

# cd /usr/src
# cvs -q up -Pd  <-- to update your cvs to -current (afer you have an initial
                                                     /usr/src tree)

It's better to download from the ftp sites the gzipped tree instead of cvs'ing
the whole thing.  The FAQ goes into detail about this.

> and then successfuly installed new kernel with;
>
> # cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf
> # config GENERIC
> # cd ../compile/GENERIC
> # make depend
> # make
> # make install

To be safe, you want to:

# make clean && make depend && make

It's a good habit to make clean every time.

> And then rebooted PC. After than I tried to compile userland"
>
> # rm -rf /usr/obj/
> # cd /usr/src
> # make obj
> # make build

You skipped a step:

# cd /usr/src/etc && env DESTDIR=/ make distrib-dirs

Please read this FAQ for details:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Bld

> But it won't compile.

Of course it won't.