Maybe my reply didn't make it:  use ports' mail/nail package.

On 4/24/06, D. E. Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Maybe I'm the only one around who still uses it, but there's one
  option in mailx from SysV that I miss with OpenBSD: ~a.  It would
  be simpler to have either ~a to add the "-- " with newline, and
  read in my .signature, or a .mailrc option that automates the
  additions, (preferably both).  As it is now, I must manually add
  the "-- " and newline, then ~r my .signature.

  Any takers?

Was there a more appropriate forum, or more appropriate format, for
this suggestion, or is the deafening silence a suggestion for me
to try and do it myself?

Does my suggestion lack technical merit?