Hi,

I can't seem to get WEP to work with my Airport Extreme Base Station (i
believe the model known as SNOW :{) and my Linksys Wireless G WUSB54G ver.
4
which is detected and supported using the ural(4) driver. Its really great
that OBSD supports as many devices as it does. The AEBase Station is
loaded with firmware version 5.7

Unencrypted works well with the Base Station or if you prefer AP. I can
connect at 54Mbps and lower. When i enable the WEP key on the base station
and run ifconfig the status line says No Network. I've tried many
different combinations of settings such as specifiying the channel, BSSID
and nwid when connecting. The result is always that my network connection
is not active. Do i need to enable some cryptographic support in the OS?
I'm running a brand new install and am definitely a neophyte still.

This behaviour has happened with 40bit WEP and 128bit WEP. I know that WEP
sucks but I don't want to leave a computer on 247 to encrypt the traffic
on my home wireless network from passerbys.

Cheers,
Jamex