Hello,

On Tue, 09.05.2006 at 15:02:07 +0200, Karel Gardas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >On 2006-05-09 14:19:00 +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
> >> OvisLink, D-Link, Edimax, 3Com, Linksys, LevelOne, SMC which do support
> >at
> >            ^^^^^^
> >Avoid. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTP_vandalism
>
> Indeed! But this is switch and I wouldn't expected this issue in switch,
> am I mistaken?  Also I will purchase some additional D-Link DGE-530T
> cards, since it seems they provide SysKonnect chip which seems to be
> preferred here for its quality.

well, I've seen SysKonnect cards which are not OEM'ed, and which were
cheap nonetheless, but I may not be current on this topic.

I try to avoid rogue vendors for all their stuff, like eg. DLink in
this case, because that's the only impact I think I can have on them.
The problem was not only the brokenness of their design, but also their
outrageous handling of the situation.

Only avoiding to purchase some broken products is probably a too small
effect for them to notice.

Best,
--Toni++