i have 2 servers running 3.8 (since march 21) and doing very nicely.
i had my own computer running 3.8 till monday, but wanted to see how the
upgrade process worked and so it is running 3.9 now (again very nicely).

should i upgrade the servers?
possible rationale to do so:
1. keep all machines consistent
2. keep the upgrade process doable with adjacent versions
3. take advantage of some of the newer features and software

possible rationale not to do so:
1. machines aren't doing same thing so perhaps they shouldn't be consistent
2. newer features and software may create problems for some sites (eg
something coded for php4 may not work quite right away with php5)

additionally, what is the feeling regarding upgrading vs fresh install?
i found the upgrading to be very painless (even though the change from mysql 4
to mysql 5 added an extra db called information_schema for some reason that i
don't understand yet). the upgrading faq says that you won't get quite the
same thing though as a fresh install, but i certainly didn't interpret this
comment to be in a negative sense.

i presume that the upgrade process exists to be used and really is preferable
to a fresh install so that we can keep moving up versions in the most
efficient manner possible?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's