Han Boetes wrote :
> John Wright wrote:
> >    bind -m ^L=clear^M
> >
> > Which types c l e a r RETURN where my cursor is.
>
> Shells like zsh and bash also clear the screen while you are
> typing a line. So your solution works only fine at the start of a
> line. And adding a c-g or c-c won't help since it also interupts
> the macro.

I tried to do something like that :

    bind -m ^L=^Uclear^M^Y

If you do each steps one by one, it works: remove the line, use clear
and put the line back on the screen. For some reason once it's in the
bind, it doesn't 'use' the ^Y at the end. In fact if you ^Y by hand
after this user-defined ^L, it 'pastes' the non-empty line that was
there before the clear.

--
Bertrand