On 2006/05/31 08:41, Joco Salvatti wrote:
>    ERROR:
>    ERROR: Could not complete request.
>    Query: SELECT "INBOX"
>    Reason Given: Mailbox does not exist

Sounds like you didn't create the inbox.

$ telnet xxx 143
Trying xxx...
Connected to xxx.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK xxx Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready
. login yourusername pass
. OK User logged in
. create INBOX
. OK Completed
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed

(or you can use cyradm to connect as a cyrus administrator
and issue the command 'cm user.yourusername', or use cyradm
to connect as the user and 'cm INBOX').

> Has anyone ever faced this problem? I'd also be thankful if anyone
> could point me a set of servers that I could use to build an e-mail
> server over OpenBSD.

Cyrus can do some useful and unusual things (for example, indexed
full-text search of mailboxes, if you configure it to do so), but it
is a complex piece of software, and you will need to read the
documentation to learn how to carry out admin tasks and use it
effectively.

If you are simply looking for a decent IMAP server and don't
particularly need the features of Cyrus, try Dovecot instead.
It's simpler and quite easy to use.