Didier Wiroth wrote:
I run the test for almost 20 minutes, there was no problem anymore!
Regards
Didier
Thank you for your report.

Here's where I stick my head out farther than I probably should and hope it doesn't get taken off.

I checked the hifn code to see if it had changed since 3.9 Release. It hasn't. I took a look at the list of includes and noticed that several files have changed since 3.9 Release. Not being skilled enough to know if this is the right train of thought, I have to ask: is it possible that something was changed before 3.9 Release which broke hifn, and was later (lately) adjusted back to a state which works with hifn? If so, if the cause is not identified now is there a possibility that hifn could be broken again in the future?

The reason I ask is that hifn has a somewhat muddy history of breakage which has often been blamed on hardware. Is the hardware junk or is the problem hard to nail down? Or is this a combination of both - is the previous evidence of junk hardware + hifn problems resulting in a knee jerk reaction of blaming the hardware by default?

Also relevant for mere users like myself (ie not qualified to fix this problem), should we just downgrade to an earlier release or upgrade to current, or is this the sort of thing that would get patched if a problem was indeed identified?

Thanks.

Breeno