On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:19:43 +0059, Jason McIntyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 10:59:56AM +0100, Tom Cosgrove wrote:
>> >
>> > Is there some unstated reasoning why we don't support the other formats?
>>
>> Yes.  Each tool should do one thing, and do it well.  cksum does.
>> Having multiple different formats in the program, particularly those
>> that can be generated from each other by simple sed scripts, is insane.
>>
>> Sorry.
>>

>still, it's odd that openssl appears to have no way to do something
>similar...(the checklist bit, i mean).
>
>jmc

The interesting thought is since openssl is unable to accept as input
the checksum/digest output file it created, it almost makes some sense
to alter the format of openssl output (-out) file so it can be used with
cksum and friends.

The unanswerable question is how many things count on the current
openssl output format and would the addition of missing two spaces break
them?

jcr

--
Free, Open Source CAD, CAM and EDA Tools
http://www.DesignTools.org