On 1 June 2006, Joco Salvatti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thank you very much for the tips you sent me. I could finally put
> squirrelmail to work. Now everything is almost fine, but there
> is still a little problem: I can send and receive e-mail through
> squirrelmail, but when it comes to receive an e-mail, it arrives at my
> mailbox (/var/spool/username) but it doesn't appear at my INBOX. But
> when I send an e-mail it appears at my sent items folder. Does anyone
> know what's happening?
>
> Just to remember:
>
> OpenBSD 3.9
> postfix
> procmail
> cyrus-imapd
>
> Squirrelmail folders are placed at
>
>     /var/spool/imap/user/<myusername>/Sent, Drafts, Trash

    Leave SquirrelMail out of the picture for now.  The problem is Cyrus
imapd uses it's own backend storage rather than the system mailboxes.
You can instruct Postfix to deliver to Cyrus imapd via LMTP (see Postfix
docs), you can can use the "deliver" script that comes with Cyrus, or
you can do that from Procmail.

    Better yet, if you're not too far in this process to back off, just
use Courier imapd instead of Cyrus.  You'll need a script to convert
your users' mailboxes to Maildir, but that's about the only problem
you're likely to have with it.  Some time ago I used mb2md to convert
some 300 GB of mailboxes to Maildir, and I was happy with thne result:

        http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--