akonsu wrote:

> in my understanding a proper implementation does not require any service
> packs. in other words: if one implements something that later requires a
> service pack, this is not a proper implementation.

Exactly.
(And I don't seem to hear a lot about keeping OpenBSD patched up-to-date;)

> 2006/6/2, misiu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > akonsu schrieb:
> > >  no way. trust me. ;)
> > >

> > > We'll see, like many other security features in Windows, if they
> > implement

Now, would you trust Linux to implememt it properly?

> > You guys funny!
> > But to remind all you, with Servicepack 2 for XP, it is unpossible to
> > execute injected code...
> > Or did I understand something wrong?
What you misunderstand is security.
Probably the most accurate guage of effective security is the price
for compromised computers. Last I heard it was five cents.
I'm not sure, but I think I could do better with incredibly bad security.

If there's only one hole, plugging it can make you a hero.
Like the little Dutch boy sticking his finger in the dyke.
For security, it's not where you are strongest that matters, it's
where you are weakest.