It turned out that I actually configured it as a raid 1 so I have a mirrored
disk. I appreciate everyone's help and now I have options if I'm ever in the
situation that I thought I was in. The best advice that I got was from
Samuri Chef telling me to check out this software:

http://www.data-recovery-software.net

it turned out to be able to read ffs which was very nice. But when I went to
use it, I found out that I had a raid 1. I remember having two 80 GB drives
and my disk size was 160GB so I assumed that my raid was level zero. But it
turned out that I never used the 80 GB drives and I actually had two 160GB
drives.

So, I made a big mistake and I'm definitely feeling much better now. Thank
you to everyone for all your help and sorry for wasting your time.

John