hi,

I moved your reply under my statement for readability

I wrote:
> booting openbsd on a real partition both from bios and from vmware worked
> without flaw in my tests. why shouldn't it? it's a dual-boot situation,
but you
> just have to make sure, the bootloader hits the right pbr. no magic.

On 6/5/06, akonsu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
thanks. how did you achieve this? i downloaded an evaluation copy of vmware
workstation, created a machine with a raw disk pointing to my openbsd
partition but it won't boot. it says that there were no bootable drives
found.

Ok, I didn't test with vmware player, but with vmware 4. Setup was like:
- dual-boot situation with win2k, 1harddisk
- 1st and 3rd partition NTFS
- 2nd partition ffs
- the mbr had the nt boot loader, copy the pbr of the openbsd partition to a
file on the windows system partition, point an entry in boot.ini to it (google
will help you)
- while making your openbsd disk slices, you have to make sure to stay
away from the areas of the other partition
- when both systems boot fine, just use the openbsd partition as raw disk
(disable any options and helpers)

I understand that vmware player is not as configurable through the gui,
but the configuration is a text file, so it should be possible to achieve this
(as in vmware created volumes are compatible with vmware player)

hth, knitti