On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Rott_En wrote:

> Hello again.
> I am not able to fix the issue, but here is the disklabel, maiby it can help
> you figure out a solution.
>
> # disklabel svnd0
> # /dev/rsvnd0c:
> type: SCSI
> isk: vnd device
> label: fictitious
> flags:
> bytes/sector: 512
> sectors/track: 100
> tracks/cylinder: 1
> sectors/cylinder: 100
> cylinders: 1830146
> total sectors: 183014656
> rpm: 3600
> interleave: 1
> trackskew: 0
> cylinderskew: 0
> headswitch: 0           # microseconds
> track-to-track seek: 0  # microseconds
> drivedata: 0
> 16 partitions:
> #             size        offset  fstype [fsize bsize  cpg]
> c:     183014656             0  unused      0     0      # Cyl     0 -1830146*
> #
>
> If I change "unused" to 4.2BSD fsck reports serval errors like SuperBlocks
> are missing. Any advice is highly welcomed, as before.
>
> Thank you.

It looks like your disklabel is damaged, or there has never been a
disklabel on the device. scan_ffs might help, but if you never created
a diskabel on the device, note that that is bad.

Like any other disk, svnd devices should be initialized with fdisk -i
(if applicable for your platform) and disklabel. Using the c partition
as a ffs filesystem can cause severe headaches.

        -Otto