Hi,

Here's my configs, should give you some hints..

mobile phone is connected to 'COM1' at 57600baud, adding a system default route via the new ppp link, and automatically redialing immediately after link failure:

=========/etc/ppp/peers/ISP====================
/dev/tty00
57600
defaultroute
debug
#kdebug 7
lock
user my_username
noauth
noccp
novj
noipdefault
persist
#demand
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -e -v -f /etc/ppp/peers/chat/ISP-gprs'

script to initialise modem, and dial ISP: (CFUN/CPIN... is to reset the phone, then enter the PIN code etc)
=========/etc/ppp/peers/chat/ISP-gprs====================
REPORT "Starting chat script..."
ABORT ERROR
ABORT BUSY
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'
'' ATZ
OK AT+CFUN=1,1
OK \d\dAT+CPIN=1234
OK AT+CGDCONT=1
OK AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","my.apn.name",,0,0
OK ATD*99***1#
CONNECT

your ISP username & password (see pap-secrets instead if applicable):
=========/etc/ppp/peers/chap-secrets====================
#secrets for authentication using CHAP
# client        server  secret                  IP addresses
my_username          *       my_password        *

create the i/f at boot time, and initiate connection:
up
!pppd call ISP

To debug:
        - $ sudo ifconfig ppp0 create
        - $ sudo pppd dial ISP
- tail /var/log/daemon, /var/log/chat (after syslogd.conf uncommenting/restart) and /etc/ppp/connection-errors

Hope this is of use.

/Pete