On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 08:04:43PM +1200, Joshua Sandbrook wrote:
| Yeah I saw that. But xorg does not just 'work by default' at 1024x768 for
me.
| It just runs at 800x600 and it seems thats all it can be bothered doing
right
| now...

Ah ok, so that's what "being grumpy" means ;)

You could try configuring X, saving a config file and editing that to
give you 1024x768. If that doesn't get you any further, could you post
your Xorg.0.log (maybe put it online somewhere) ?

For future reference, please indicate what you've done to try to solve
the problem before posting so you don't get referred to stuff you've
tried already. Adding a dmesg (which you did, yaay ;) and (in case of
X problems) X log files usually helps too.

"being grumpy" doesn't indicate that X works perfectly at 800x600
where you'd want it to run at another resolution (at least, not to me
.. but maybe I'm just being obnoxious).

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/