Good morning,

I am having problems getting tinyproxy 1.6.3 to run transparently
with pf.

I recompiled/reinstalled tinyproxy with --enable-transparent-proxy
and restarted my system.

I figured the key is to start simple and build from there.

So, I set up the most simplistic pf ruleset:  pass everything and
log all traffic going in and out of the firewall.

   int_if="xl0"
   ext_if="rl0"
   set loginterface $int_if
   nat on $ext_if from !($ext_if) -> ($ext_if:0)
   rdr on $int_if inet proto tcp from $int_net to any \
      port www -> 127.0.0.1 port 3128
   pass in log all keep state
   pass out log all keep state

Here is what happens:

1. As it stands,
   No internal clients can surf the internet.

2. If I comment out the rdr,
   my internal clients can surf the internet.

3. Leave rdr commented out,
   set internal browsers to use firewall addr plus port 3128 as proxy,
   my internal clients can surf the internet.

All this would suggest that tinyproxy is not acting as a
transparent proxy.

But I'm not sure what to do next to figure it all out.

Thanks and take care,

Allen
http://mail.yahoo.com