[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Strange problem which appeared in 3.8 and appears in 3.9. When I type
startx it does nothing. After waiting for half a minute i press cancel and
only then it begins to do something but fails to start. When I open another
tty and type there startx it starts normally. The strangest thing is that I
do nothing, X fails to start without any reason.

Artyom

Your mail is a little sparse on fact/information.

First make sure that *machdep.allowaperture=2* is set in /etc/sysctl.conf

I expect you (as root) have made a /root/xorg.conf.new by running:
# xorgcfg
- and have made corrections to the "Display" section at the end of xorg.conf (DefaultDepth and Modes) and then done:
# cp /root/xorg.conf.new  /etc/X11/xorg.conf
If 'yes' you should  be able to run 'startx'.
Your /var/log/Xorg.0.log will give away what you need to know.

/per
[EMAIL PROTECTED]