Hi,

working on setting up some crypto tokens, I noticed some
differences to Free/NetBSD on handling the ugen devices.

If a device is attached, the kernel reports it as ugenX, as it
does it also on the other BSDs. Though /dev/ugenX itself doesn't
exist on OpenBSD, so it can't be talked to.

Typically, the endpoint an application wants to communicate with
is the control endpoint ugenX.00. The other BSDs seem to handle
that case transparently, i.e. if no endpoint is specified, .00
is chosen automatically.

Since stat'ing a device-node for existance is appearently quite
common, introducing a symlink /dev/ugenX -> /dev/ugenX.00 would
be an obvious solution in this situation.

While I have no problem with creating the links by myself, it
would be nice if MAKEDEV could also create the symlink by default.
Any chance to get this in?

Thanks in advance,
/Markus