On 16/06/06, Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 16/06/06, Michael Coulter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 12:01:35PM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > Unless the quality of the CD has deterioated, where does the
> > random element come from?
>
> http://www.stereophile.com/features/827/
>
> If you start reading about the low-level details of C/DVDs and
> you don't have a lot of faith in math, you'll be scared to death
> you ever put data on an optical disc.

Very interesting article. However, I still don't see how ripped audio
might change on each ripping. The article states that E11 and E12 errors
are common but that the original data is fully inferrable(sp?) and that
E22 errors are usually caused by damage. I can see how audibal changes
could occur if CD players use the amplitude obtained from the CD
directly without first going fully digital, but otherwise...

Anyway, enough idle conjecture. When I get home I'll give it a try
myself and then do further research. :)

vladas wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Thank you for the link!