On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:26:16 -0700
"Spruell, Darren-Perot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not _my_ intention to drag this into a "post to the list or else you
> bastards", simply wondering what's the best way to keep on top of it.

Hey, I'm in _no_ position to demand anything.

How about security-announce be opened up for anyone to post to? Then
when there is a patch... you get the idea. Devs won't have to post and
the aggregate bitching on misc will go down. =)

I'm just having a hard time understanding why security-announce is
slipping. It is not inline with the attitude of OpenBSD.

Do these patches even matter? Since no one with coding prowess around
here seems to think so, then I could understand the lack-luster attitude
to security-announce.

Furthermore, many people are using security-announce as their sole
notification method. These people are not just the paranoid patch-at-
once type either.

Please (see, I'm not demanding) either open up the list, or just delete
it all togeather. It's giving people a false sense of being up-to-date
or informed.

Travers

Travers