At 04:54 PM 6/20/06, Daniel Ouellet wrote:

Bryan Irvine wrote:
Works ok for me.  Hasn't crashed or anything like that.  I use mysql 5 on
OpenBSD that some web apps talk too.  I just did an import of a previous
dump, and it took somewhere in the neighboorhood of 7 hours give or take.
(for a few tens of million INSERTS that's not bad).
This is run on a slighlty older sun 220r (450Mhz), and 10K rpm disks.

Interesting. It takes me ~25 minutes for 9.5 millions records in many databases/tables. But my dump is/was done with --opt as to not create the index when you do the import, but only when all data is imported. This saves many hours if not use. Are you sure you do your dump with the --opt flag? If I don't do this, it sure will take me about 8 1/2 hours to do the same.

Just a side note that might help, or it may not, but just thought to pass it along in case it help you.

Actually, the option is really --disable-keys. The --opt option is just a shorthand for several options (including --disable-keys).

WARNING: the man page for mysqldump says that defaults have changed in V5.