> Because portmap(8) dynamically assigns the mountd(8) port, how would
> one write a pass rule in pf for mountd(8) traffic? My problem is that
> every time mountd(8) is re/started, it operates on a different port and
> my fixed pf rules block the mount protocol and, consequently, my
> clients cannot mount an NFS share.

I have looked into this in the past, to teach rudimentary RPC ->
UDP/TCP mapping support in the pf code, by having it talk to the
portmap.  But there are a whole lot of vile issues, and quite frankly
there is not much security to be gained from this.  You cannot really
provide any real security on a local net when doing RPC at the same
time.