i've had ufs2 done (well, the kernel part) on my laptop for almost six
months now :) most of it is in, although, as joachim pointed you to,
some essential parts had to be backed out cause compatibility with old
tools was broken, which is just not acceptable in openbsd.

and that was totally my fault. first, i naively thought compatibility
could be reached between the three bsds super blocks. in addition, there
was a bug in the tree for like two or three days i thought nobody would
hit the window of (and so i fixed it without warning anyone).

the result was that theo hit it, and that wasn't exactly what i would
call a pleasant experience. some changes were then backed out, and until
someone decides to join me on this effort, i've decided to temporarily
stop hacking on it.

(not to say that, to actually make use of all the room ufs2 gets us, we
would need to bump daddr_t to 64 bits, and that is a whole new story...)

-p.