On 6/22/06, L. V. Lammert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 11:13 PM 6/21/2006 -0700, Lawrence Horvath wrote:
>You can use SNMP to monitor the wan interface on almost all routers,
>(I know personally about the cisco), so you might set something up
>that monitors taht, or you could using a dynamic routing protcocal,
>even rip would do, just something interactive between OBSD firewall
>and the router, the router would update the firewall via the routing
>protocal if the line was down and use a higher admin distance on the
>DSL link.

Keep in mind also that redundancy is fine for outgoing traffic, but to
actually route incoming traffic you must also have an upstream ISP(s) that
can handle redundant links, or you will have to obtain your own ASN and
manage your own BGP.

         Lee

there are only two ways i know to maintain routing on incomming
traffic, first being to have your DSL and T1 from the same company and
they can set up your links with routing on there side that will
reflect your fail over situation, the second way is to multihome with
and AS and run BGP, so if you have any sort of IP specific traffic
such as running servers at your location you will have to do one of
the above option, however if this is just for a office connection to
allow your employees to check myspace and play poker, then you can do
it much easier, would be as simple as running and internal routing
protocal

--
-Lawrence