Reyk Floeter wrote:

> retry with 3.9

OK, thanks and sorry for the noise. Works now, but now another thing
keeps popping up: I've set the trunkproto to failover on both boxes. Now
when I pull the master nic's cable, the time it takes for the other one
to take over varies from around 5 to 8 seconds on failover and between 1
and around 8 seconds on failback (reinsertion). Is this expected
behaviour? Or could there be one of the dumb switches interfering?
What would the "normal" failover time in this scenario be?

The layout would be as follows (NIC 1 set to master):

------------         ------------
|    NIC 1 |---------|          |--------- Test Host
| BOX A    |         | Switch A |
|    NIC 2 |         |          |
------------\       /------------
             \     /       |
              \   /        |
               \ /         |
                X          |
               / \         |
              /   \        |
------------ /     \ ------------
|    NIC 1 |/       \|          |
| BOX B    |         | Switch B |

Test host is pinging trunk0 (NIC 1, NIC 2) on each box.
If the cable into NIC 1 is pulled, I get the above timeouts before failover.
If I do # ifconfig NIC1 down, traffic stops alltogether and no failover
occurs, regardless of what switch the test host is plugged into. The
status of trunk0 changes to "no carrier", while trunkport NIC1 drops to
"master" and NIC2 remains as "active". Is this also expected?

thx /markus