At first I didn't understand the reason for all the partitions (
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2001-01/1654.html) now I
can't have enough partitions

In my official OpenBSD CD sleeve it says to create these partitions:
/
swap
/tmp
/var
/usr
/home

and over time I have learned to appreciate these, but lately I have been
creating more partitions
/usr/src
/usr/obj
are two of the ones that are suggested when rebuilding my system and I
definitely like the speed of doing a newfs to /usr/obj

I also have been putting mysql on it's own partition and then I got a little
crazier and added more partitions and my list has grown to this:

/
/home
/tmp
/var
/var/mysql
/usr
/usr/local
/usr/src
/usr/obj
/usr/Xbld
/usr/XF4
/usr/local
/virtualhosts

So am I going overboard? or am I missing any good partions.

when I first posted Nick Holland replied with several reasons to have
multiple partions. Those being
security, fragmentation, protecting the filesystem from overfilling,
organization and space tracking.

does increasing the amount of partitions increase access to the files on
that partition?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John