On 6/29/06, J.C. Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Howdy misc@

Though I stayed out of the last public fiasco regarding HiFn here on the
misc@ list, I privately contacted the people I know at the company. I
didn't reply just to Hank Cohen who posted here on misc@ but I also
included the VP of engineering (Russ Dietz), the CEO (Chris Kebner) and
the VP of marketing (Tom Moore).

I just got a call this afternoon from Tom Moore to let me know they've
set up an anon FTP site (no registration) with their documentation:

ftp://ftp.hifn.com

This should take care of any of the long standing issues OpenBSD has had
with the HiFn's procedures for releasing documentation.

I was told HiFn is still working on their new ftp site, so I'm not sure
how complete it is at the moment but at least we know there's a start
and they are willing to continue working on it.

Please check out the readme on the FTP. Basically it says if you wish to
automatically get the HiFn updates/errata/notifications, you should
probably sign up for the HiFn "extranet" thing. You don't have to but
you can if you want.

Since no one else has said it yet.... good job!

That was actually surprisingly quick. Go go media fiascos.

-Nick