On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 03:59:41PM -0400, Nick Guenther wrote:
> On 7/2/06, Peter Philipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 02:56:03PM -0400, Nick Guenther wrote:
> >> How can you make a keylogger on UNIX?
> >I think this was meant. (...)
> Ah, okay, thank you! I see a lot go across on this list only
> half-explained, which is good for those who know what is going on but
> not for newbies like me.
>
> It's nice that this list is the sort of place where you are expected
> to use your own morals instead of blindly following the "no hacking is
> bad!" mantra. For the record, I was just curious, I'm not actually
> planning on bugging my systems.

Note that, under certain circumstances, it can make sense to bug your
own systems, and in most (all?) jurisdictions it is legal if the users
are warned beforehand.

This can make sense if you run a shell provider, and d00m10rd_t3h_1337
is running another ssh scan, for instance...

Plus, you need at least a high-level theoretical knowledge of an attack
to be able to adequately defend yourself from it.

                Joachim