On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 07:03:11PM +0200, Joachim Schipper wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 12:12:58PM +0200, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> > ello
> >
> > How can I install GDBM::File into the stock Perl in OpenBSD? I don't
> > understand why it's not there when it comes automatically with Perl.
> > Was it stripped out from the Perl due to license reason? I tried to
> > download it and installed but it complained about unresolved library
> > something in some *.so file.
>
> What does the 'G' stand for? What is the OpenBSD policy on 'G' programs?

Probably GNU. I don't know what is OpenBSD policy toward 'G' programs.

But gdbm is in ports. I don't understand why the binding was taken out of
Perl.

> This particular Perl module is not in ports; you must likely can use
> cpan to add it after installing dependencies, notably gdbm.

I tried but it seems to use gdbm library linked into the perl and because
on OpenBSD the perl binary is not linked and it complains about unresolved
dependence.

CL<