Problems reading this e-mail?

July 2006

Halifax Online Logo

[IMAGE]

*

Dear Valued customer,

On the 14th of July 2006 at 16:00 GMT, our security systems recorded an
unusual log in attempt into your online banking account. This attempt was
made from a familiar IP Address (216.89.75.31). Consequently, we placed a
temporary restriction on your account.

In other to restore your online access and in line with our new security
policies, we require a verification of your account. This process is to
ascertain your identity and current location. After successful
verification, all restrictions on your account will be removed and you
will be able to use your account normally. This process takes
approximately 5 minutes, depending on the speed of your Internet
connection. To proceed please Click Here.

Best whishes,
Jimm McDermott
Jim McDermott,
Online Security Advisor,
Halifax Bank plc.

*This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Halifax
Bank plc (reg no 106048). Registered in England and Scotland. Registered
offices: 1 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NA.

This e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have received it in error,
please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete
it from your mailbox. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The
Halifax group of companies do not accept responsibility for changes made
to this message after it was sent.

accepted by the Halifax group of companies in this regard and the
recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers
appropriate.

This communication does not create or modify any contract.

If you would prefer not to receive information about other products and
services from us, please reply to this e-mail with 'opt-out'