I regularly use nload on Linux to get a quick and dirty view of how much bandwidth something is using.

It doesn't seem to be in stock 3.9, and I can't find it in ports either.
Fair enough, it's not there.

But a quick google reveals that back in November 2002 it was being worked on as a port (Thank you Neohapsis :-) although the actual conent of the posts I found wasn't that encouraging.

Did it ever make it in? Might it at some point? Possibly a better question, is there something similar/better already there?

If not, I expect I can compile it from source myself, but I'm probably missing something...

Richard W