On 7/27/06, David B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
sorry to bother, can anyone suggest a definitive book I should buy on how to
set up Sendmail on Openbsd 3.8?

I have looked all over the net for a HOWTO or an article that steps me
through how to set up a user account and password, and then how to retrieve
it (look at it on the server), but all the articles go on and on on how to
download it, compile it and install it; none of them tell me how to use it.
The articles talk about just every possible subject except how to simply
create a user/password account, and then tell you where the email is
supposed to be on the server, and then how to look at it.

read and understand in this order:
man afterboot
/usr/share/sendmail/README
documentation on sendmail.org

this _will_ serve you far better than any step-through-howto

--knitti