I tried with -current (22/08) this morning and it does not panic.  It
hangs after this message:

WARNING: unable to get date/time -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!

Just after the rootdev= line.

Also for Miod, It show the same message 'uhub0: device problem,
disabling port 2'.  I tried other ports as well as other usb keyboards
(all apple though) and still no luck.

Also, maybe worth mentioning: someone made that appropriate remark
that the PowerMac G5 Dual-cores are marked as unsupported in the
hardware compatibility pages (In the INSTALL file it says PowerMac G5
are supported, but I assume that's for the other models.)  I am
willing to work toward support for this machine so if any developper
has something they want to test on it, send it to me.