I've configured a Soekris running OpenBSD 3.9 & pf as a firewall, with a read only CF. I am using the default sshd_config file except to run sshd on port 222.

My problem is that I cannot connect remotely to this box via ssh except as root. When a legit user who has an account on that box attempts connection, I get " Failed password for invalid user lj from 192.168.1.13 port 10962 ssh2". Is there anything obvious that you can suggest that might be causing this problem? I did try changing the file system to read/write, but it did not resolve the problem.

Thanks.