On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 06:22:05PM +0200, Matthias Bertschy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> From my previous post, it looks like trunk(4) cannot be used for
> software based pseudo-devices.
>
> Would it be possible to implement such a tool that works for tun, gif,
> gre, pppoe, ...
> The features would be load balancing and fail over with virtual interfaces.

I see no need for this. We have multipath support that already does load
balancing. The fail over part is a bit more tricky since gif, gre and tun
have no link-state. For sppp(4) based interfaces it would be possible to
do fail-over via a ifstated triggered script. Later on the routing table
will track link-state by itself but this code is not yet written.

--
:wq Claudio