Greetings all... This was probably discussed before, but I couldn't
really find anything in the archives.

1) We have a carp0 interface with a few aliases in it, and carp works
fine between master (SERVER-A) and backup (SERVER-B)... until...

2) ... we plumb a another new alias into SERVER-B's carp0. Then the
status of carp0 on SERVER-B goes from BACKUP to MASTER, even though the
advskew on SERVER-A is lower (0) than SERVER-B's advskew (127).

3) Now, we have both servers saying carp0 is MASTER, and some
connectivity problems going on, and this in the logs:
Sep 15 04:00:02 fw1 /bsd: carp0: incorrect hash

4) We haven't tested it, but it seems that if we have added the alias to
SERVER-A first, the problem would still happen, because the hash would
be different as well.

Question: whats the best way to add an alias to carp, and avoid this
problem?

I know we can switch shells very fast and execute the ifconfig command
in both servers a second or two apart, but I guess most ppl would agree
this is not is not an elegant solution.

We are running 3.9-stable

Thank you very much ;)